Thursday, February 2, 2012

Segways, Baby Diva, and LNO...

June, 11, 2011
So some neighbors and Jeff and I went on a 2 hour segway tour through downtown. I had never been on a segway before...but it was fairly easy to get the feel for it. It was pretty funny seeing a dozen people on segways creating a mini-parade on the sidewalks through downtown. My one neighbor said we look like "Dorks on parade"...I kind of agreed...hahaha!
Little Diva
Here are the invitations that my neighbor's boss decided to go with. This "Little Diva" idea went a long way.
Outside of envelope
Cotton candy bags (favors for the party) - stuff with tissue in this pic
LNO - Ladies Night Out (present)
This past Friday night was Ladies Night Out up at my son's school. Not only is it a night just for the ladies to dance, have some drinks, and eat but it is also a fund raising event that the mother's of the 8th grade students put on to raise money for the 8th grade field trip to Washington, D.C. This year's theme was "Back to the 80s". My friend Shanulie (aka Julie) and I decided that we didn't want to go with the obvious 80s styles (ie. pegged jeans, the Madonna look, Forenza sweaters, stirrup pants, etc) but we wanted to be a little over the top...so here was the end result.
Did we succeed? We had so much fun...but no one will be seeing my Olivia Newton John (Let's get Physical) look anytime soon...hahaha!
Well, that's all for now...

7 comments:

Shanulie said...

Wow those are some really sexy ladies!

Shane said...

You should have seen their moves on the dance floor...EPIC!

Jennie H. said...

I saw the Olivia Newton John look on your husbands FB!!

Judy1223 said...

Too funny, Olivia! Never tried a segway, was it fun? (Looked it!) Love te Little Diva set...I'll bet that was a big hit!

Shane said...

Hey Judy! Yes, the segways were a good time...plus the crew I was with gave me a laugh or two:)

Tina Rieder said...

Did you have moved like Jagger in those tights??

I'm scared of what my eyes just seen....and yet a little impressed....

Shane said...

I had moves that would put the Solid Gold dancers to shame! This was my warm up for Melissa's wedding...think she'd be OK with this outfit for the big day?