Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's a GIRL!

Emily Christine
8 pounds and 6 ounces
21 inches long
Last Thursday we welcomed our 5th child into the world! Although our c-section time kept getting pushed back (apparently women were coming in left and right in labor) Emily arrived with ten fingers, ten toes, and a beautiful head of red hair! She is as healthy as you could wish for...we couldn't be more blessed!
We had several visitors come to the hospital but I have to say the funniest bunch of visitors were our kids. Jeff picked Logan, Frank, Claire, and Mary Kate up one evening (to relieve my parents who had been staying with the kids while we were in the hospital) to see their new sister. Of course as they enter the room I was nursing Emily...which then lead to a ton of questions...my favorite compliments of Frank (of course), "Why do you feed her out of that? (as he lifted up his shirt and points to his own nipple) Awww...curious little minds:)

They were all eager to hold her and complained when their turn was up. Even Mary Kate wanted in on the action. We did manage to get a pretty good group photo...

I have to share some of the gifts we received...edible bouquets! They were a huge hit with the kids!



We are now home and everyone is adjusting well to our newest addition. The kids are all still eager to hold Emily whenever possible...and I must say (knock on wood) she has been extremely kind on me and Jeff in terms of eating and sleeping. We are not the zombies we were anticipating when bringing a new born home. Here's praying that Emily continues in her content ways!

Of course...I must share the thank you cards I whipped up before having Emily. I always like to have "Thank you" cards on hand when having a baby. The one morning I woke up realizing that I didn't have any cards done yet...so here is what I came up with. I've done a similar design before, but I just altered it to be a little bit more baby appropriate. The other challenge was since we didn't know the gender of the baby, I tried to make them neutral to boy or girl. Since I'm almost out of these cards it will be nice to whip up a set of girly thank you cards:)

Well, that's all for now...

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

congrats again shane...she's beautiful! i'm still laughing at frank's nursing comment. LOL and the thank you cards are so cute. :)