Saturday, July 10, 2010

You're invited and Thank you...

A month or so ago, I made these baby shower invitations for my neighbor Jenny.


Then a few weeks ago, Jenny asked if I could make some thank you cards that went with the invitations (she plans to give them to the guest of honor as a gift)...and this is what I came up with.


(You can't see it in this picture, but on the white part of the card I stamped the same onesie I used in the invitation with a water mark pigment. Very subtle...but it still says baby.)

However...I can't take complete credit for the design of this thank you card. I received a thank you note from a friend awhile ago that was a similar design. When I opened the card I loved the simplicity of it and immediately thought, "I can do that!". So, although this isn't a complete "Shane Original"...I took a little inspiration from the other card and added a little bit of my own flare!

I'm so glad Jenny asked me to do this...because with each order I've done in the past, I kept saying to myself that I should provide a sample of a thank you card in case the person might want to order additional cards. I need to keep this in mind for future orders.

My next project is 50 bridal shower invitations for my soon to be sister in law Krista (Jeff's brother Paul is getting married in mid October...so, it'a Rieder-size shower and wedding:). I have an idea brewing now...but I'm waiting on a stamp set I ordered from Papertrey to complete the invite. I'll keep you posted when I have something to share.

That's all for now...I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

as always...gorgeous shane! :)