Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm a gardner now...

Well, buy me a big floppy straw hat and some denim overalls (maternity of course)...I'm a gardener now! My Mother's Day gift is finally complete...(Thanks to Jeff and Frank! Frank totally enjoyed helping his dad dig up the grass and rocks and pitch them over the fence. Frank was out there with Jeff the entire time being a big help!) I now have two 4'x8' garden boxes where I have planted strawberries, zucchinis, tomatoes, and red bell peppers. And...

some of strawberry plants are already producing! Sure some of them had little blooms on them when I bought them at the store...but hey, they've been in my care for one week and they continued to thrive!
Claire and I picked two of the ripest strawberries yesterday...and they were the best strawberries I've ever tasted!...and I'm not just saying that because they came from my garden...hahaha!
The boys are excited because we saw a few other strawberries that will be ripe enough this week to pick and they can't wait to taste them! I'll keep you posted as more things (hopefully) come up.
One more thing...I'm looking for someone who does hand painted (wooden) signs. Specifically, I'm interested in putting a few small signs in my garden posting what I have growing. I made an attempt to do this myself...but wasn't happy with the result. If anyone knows someone who does this sort of thing...please let me know.
That's all for now...

0 comments: