Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cards for neighbors...

A couple of my neighbors have been keeping me busy with few card orders.

This first card I made for my neighbor Melissa. Her husband's co-worker passed away and they wanted to send the family a card. I made this card using one of my new Hero Arts Cling stamps...but if you check out an earlier post on my blog I used the same stamp (and style of card) for teacher gifts...I just changed the message along the bottom.
This second card is an invitation I made for my neighbor Jenny. She is hosting a baby shower for her cousin. This invitation isn't your typical pepto-pink invitation you might receive for a shower when the arriving baby is a girl. Jenny explained that her cousin (and her husband) are photographers and they have more of an artistic taste. (Hopefully I'm making sense...) So, when I designed this invitation I wanted to make sure that I got across the idea that the shower was for a baby girl, but instead of pastel pinks and purples I used bolder colors with the raspberry and chocolate papers. Jenny (and her cousin) liked the invitation...so I guess I succeeded!

Well, that's all for now...

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

i love them both shane! that hero stamp is one of my favorites and i love the invitation colors! thanks for sharing! :)