Saturday, September 4, 2010

Frank is 5!

This past Thursday Frank turned 5 years old! He has been counting down to this day for a very long time...I think since Logan turned 6 in March:)

As soon as Frank walked into my bedroom that morning, I wished him a Happy Birthday...and he then informed me that he is now faster, stronger, and taller now that he is 5.

All day long he kept referring to himself as "The Birthday Boy"...and he said this to every random person we ran into at Target, Krogers, Party City, and the Post Office. I couldn't help but to laugh each time...he had been waiting for this day for awhile...so, heck yeah, he should live it up!

For his birthday celebration we had a Batman themed party for him at the Jump Zone.
There were 16 little kids there jumping in honor of Frank's big day...he was absolutely loving the fact that he was the center of attention.
I truly thought that I was going to make it through this milestone without crying...but low and behold, when everyone started to sing "Happy Birthday" to my little guy, the tears started to well up in my eyes. I fought them back, but I still can't help to be emotional over the fact that Frank is now 5.

Frank has always been an independent and tough little guy trying to keep up with the big kids (heck, he learned how to ride 2 wheels a few days before he turned 4 when Logan had decided to make the jump). He says and does funny things on a regular basis...some of which I wonder where he gets it from. He likes to be right (who doesn't?)...and when he has a tid bit of information he will share it with all (like the time he told a lady to get out of the pool because she had to be 18 or older to participate in adult swim...and clearly the lady fell well within the age range). I know he may drive some people crazy (myself included...at times) but I can't help that when I look at him I want to squeeze that little freckled face and kiss him all over. Although he challenges me at times...he is making me a better parent...and I can only thank him and love him even more for that.


Happy Birthday Frank!...

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

great pics...happy birthday frank! :)