Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My prima ballerina...

Yesterday was the first day of dance class for Claire...and boy was she excited!
I had set out her dance clothes the night before and as soon as she got up, she wanted to get dressed immediately. She looked so cute in her little leotard and tights.
As soon as she was all dressed she was very eager to show her brothers her new dance outfit. When Frank saw her he said, "Claire make sure you dance real good!" and Logan said, "Make sure you smack your bottom when you dance!" (lovely...huh?) Regardless, their words were meant to encourage her, and it was sweet to see the boys excited for Claire's new thing.

When we got to the class (it's only for an hour once a week) Claire did not hesitate at all...(in addition to her overall excitement her friend Lauren is in the same class).

Lauren and Claire outside of the dance studio...so sweet!

As soon as Claire received her name tag from the teacher, she joined the other girls. Since the teachers prefer that parents not be in the room during the class I ran some errands while the class was going on.

When I returned Claire was full of information about the class. I asked her what her tap shoes sounded like when she wore them she said, "Well, when we were stomping on dinosaurs...it sounded like we were breaking glass." (I love teacher explanations for an almost 4 year old.) She was telling me the name of some of the girls as well as a few of the activities they did. She clearly had a great time and loved it!

Today she asked me how many days until her next class. When I gave her the count down to next Monday I realized that due to Labor Day the next class will be cancelled therefore she won't have another class for 13 more days. I better come up with something pretty amazing for this coming Monday or I'm going to have a very disappointed little girl.

Well, until later...

4 comments:

Jennie H. said...

I am so excited that you decided to let Claire try out dance!! I think she will love it!! Watch out, you are going to be in my shoes fairly soon if she decides she loves it!!

Shane said...

I'm glad I decided to give this dance thing a try with her too. She has been so excited about it since I sent in her registration a couple of weeks ago. I thought about you on the first day of dance when the teacher said I needed a bag for her tap and ballet shoes. I remember making a bag for Kayla and her dance shoes:)

Jennie H. said...

Do you know that she STILL uses this bag?!! I need to have you make one for Audrey when things slow down for you finally, if ever!!! So excited for little Miss Claire!!

Heather Ruwe said...

awwww...she looks adorable! how fun!