Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Try, try again...

So, I've submitted another card to be considered for publication. I submitted this card to 3 different magazines in hopes that one might like it. (Many magazines are having calls now for the fall holidays...hence the Halloween themed card.)


Is it bad to say that I really liked how this card turned out??? With that said, I was really hoping that someone from one of the magazines would think the same and want to put it on the cover of their magazine...haha...or just on a page...heck, I'd take a small in lay on a page for that matter. Anyway, I haven't heard anything yet. Several of the deadlines were a week ago soooo, I'm thinking it's a no. Although I'm not down and out yet (I will keep submitting until they publish something of mine...I'll wear them down with my cards and layouts...lol) I'm just curious what they are looking for? So, I am asking those of you that read my blog for some constructive criticism. Is there anything you would add?, delete?, too simple?, too complicated? I would love to hear what people think.

On a positive note...I went to a friends baby shower this weekend and I made the card for the gift...and part of her gift was a pack of 6 baby themed cards for her to use as possible thank you notes. Several of the people at the party really liked the cards and one woman gave me the name of a boutique that loves to sell handmade things...she said my cards would be exactly what the owner is looking for. The compliments were nice and I am excited to talk to the boutique owner...we'll see.

Well, that's all for now...

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

shane, that card is PERFECT!!! :) adorable.