Monday, February 1, 2010

Cards for new moms...

At my church I am a member of the Elizabeth Ministry and one of my responsibilities is welcoming new babies into the parish. This week I am excited to be welcoming three new babies! I plan on sending out a card with words of congratulations and offering any support that the ministry might be able to offer. And with the card I am sending a set of note cards for the families to use as possible thank you notes or maybe even announcements. I thought I'd share both...

Welcome card...


I used (again) a square piece of cardstock. I stamped the flower and stem seperately on a piece of white cardstock and colored them both in using Copic markers. I then cut out the stem and flower, and attached the bloom part to the card using pop dots. Lastly I stamped the wording along the edge. I just love Copic markers! They make everything pop with color...
Note card gifts...

The stamps I used from this were from Papertry Tiny Treat - Valentines...a set of stamps that I went at great length to get...I'll save that story for another post. Instead of using the button stamp I used an actual button. To get the arc slit on the bottom I used a punch that I got from Stampin Up. As you might have guessed...these note cards will be for a family that just had a boy. I plan on doing the same design for girls except in pink.

Well, that's all for now...I'll be back soon!

0 comments: