Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two Wheeling It!

The layout I was working on today is about Logan learning how to ride his bike without training wheels this past August. Earlier in the summer Logan's friend Matthew had mastered riding on two wheels...and this (eventually) sparked the desire in Logan (and Frank). On the same day (August 30), Logan and Frank decided that they wanted their training wheels off their bikes. I took the training wheels off and we headed to the backyard to work on balance while coasting down our hill (the same way my dad taught me). After about 10 trips down the hill the boys were ready for the road. I was nervous about scrapped knees, elbows, crashes, and chasing the two of they around to help them...but they did really well! I was so amazed at how quickly they conquered riding their bikes with two wheels.

I created the bike in the layout (below) by using this stamp (above) as a guide.


Here's the finished product! I asked Logan if he liked it and he responded, "Cool"...then continued playing his DS. I know he'll have more appreciation for it when he's older, right?

0 comments: