Friday, February 12, 2010

The Kindle...

For my birthday my husband bought me a Kindle. In case you've never seen one of these you can check them out in detail at http://www.amazon.com/. It's a wireless reading device where you can download books in about a minute without hooking up to a PC. I'm exactly 31% through my first book I've read on it (A Change of Heart ~ by Jodi Picoult)...and I love it! Here are several reasons why I love my Kindle...
1.) You can adjust the font (bigger or smaller)...so at night when you can't put the book down, but your eyes are fighting to shut...make the font bigger and you can easily get a page or two more in.
2.) It's light weight...and you don't have to fight with keeping a book open...especially when you're reading while lying down.
3.) If you come across and unfamiliar word...you can look it up right on the spot. Just move the cursor in front of the unfamiliar word and it defines it for you at the bottom.
4.) It gives you the percentage of the book you've completed along the bottom. I thought I was going to miss seeing my progress as my book mark moves along...but it lets you know exactly where you are.
5.) It will hold any notes you migth want to take while reading.
Well...I could go on and on but I'll stop.
That's all for now...have a good weekend!

0 comments: