Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Poof...a new family room!

Last year we bought a new kitchen table due to our ever growing family. Well...that one purchase snowballed. After the table came the new paint in the kitchen and the family room, new light fixtures, a new counter top, and a new back splash. When all was said and done our kitchen had a new look that I wasn't even sure how it all happened...but I'm not complaining! I love the way it all turned out...and after looking back at some old pictures of the kitchen...I realized that it was desperately in need of a make over!

Well, the same thing just happened again recently. We decided to do away with our big sectional couch in our family room to open up the area between our kitchen and our family room and we bought a new couch and chair. When the furniture arrived we discussed where the TV should now go, the toy box, etc. From those few conversations a project was hatched. I can't really explain it as well as a picture can show it. So, here is a before picture of our family room...
And here is the after...

My husband and my brother in law Ken (who owns his own construction business) began talking about what we could do in our family room and the next thing I know we are under construction and our family room is getting a make over. I absolutely love the end result! Again, it was one of those things that snow balled...and then POOF...we have a new family room! My brother in law does some pretty amazing work! Thanks Ken!

I also have to thank my friend Sarah and her sister Stephanie who bought the decorations for the entire room. I had no idea where to begin...especially what to put on the shelves...but I knew that Sarah and Stephanie have the knack for projects like this. Sarah keeps telling me that I have to play it off like I did it myself...but really...I never would have come up with what they did in a million years. So, thank you Sarah and Stephanie!

Well, that's all for now...

3 comments:

Jennie H. said...

Wow Shane!!! I cannot even believe the transformation! It looked good before but it is absolutely amazing now! I think I need to hire Jeff and your brother-in-law to do some work in my house, I can't seem to get Tom motivated anymore! Nice job!

Shane said...

My brother in law was also the one who remodeled our basement. He is really talented. Let me know if you ever want to consult with him.

Sherri said...

It looks great Shane! What a difference and glad you are testing all these ideas out for us :-)