Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me...

Recently I celebrated my 38th birthday. Yes, that's right...38...unfortunately that wasn't a typo. My birthdays are usually pretty mellow, but this year I wanted to spice things up a little.

We started the night with having some friends and family over to our house for some drinks and appetizers. During this time we of course had a break out a few games...because what would a night at the Rieder house be if there weren't a few games to be played???

Before we were about to head out my husband pulls me up in front of everyone, says a little speech, and then plays this video he made for me. Every time I watch it, it makes me laugh and brings tears to my eyes.



I have to admit...I've watched my video at least 100 times! It's such a great depiction of our life together so far. I absolutely love it! Thank you Jeff!...the best husband around:)

After the video was over we headed out to a karaoke bar where some of us sang (some pretty interesting songs) and danced. I had such a great night cutting lose and having fun!..which was the exact goal of the night.

When all was said and done...I couldn't have wished for a better birthday. Although the point of the night wasn't so that I could get gifts some of my friends were very thoughtful and surprised me with presents. Of course when a present is received and thank you note must be given. So, here are the notes that I will be sending out to thank my amazing friends and family.


Well, that's all for now...

4 comments:

Jennie H. said...

What a bad friend I am!! I totally missed your birthday! It sounds like you had a great day and evening! Happy Belated Birthday!

Shane said...

You are so not a bad friend! Anyway...this is the last b-day I'm acknowledging so you're off the hook for the rest of my life...haha!

Judy1223 said...

Happy belated birthday, Shane! Sounds like you had a fun evening with your DH and friends. Good for you! The video was so sweet...looks like you have known your hubbie for a long time. (My DH is my high school sweetie...started dating senior year of high school, went to the same college, and have now been married for 15 years!) The pictures through the years really showcase the variety of fun times you have had so far. How fun for you to watch!

Best wishes for many, many happy birthday to come!

Shane said...

Judy, thanks for the belated birthday wishes! We did have a great time that night! The video was a complete surprise...and I so love it! I frequently still watch it:) Jeff and I have know each other 16 years and will be married for 12 this coming July!