Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I have a 7 year old...

It's hard to believe that my oldest just turned 7 a few weeks ago! Where has the time gone?...and most importantly, I'm way too young to have a 7 year old...hahaha!


When we asked Logan what he wanted to do for his big day he initially said a sleepover with his buddies. Well, with having a baby that's not sleeping through the night and just having planned Emily's baptism and Mary Kate's 2nd birthday...I couldn't muster up the enthusiasm for a sleepover. So, we went with his second choice...a party at Chucke E. Cheese.


I have two words to describe that party at Chucke E. Cheese...ORGANIZED CHAOS!


There were 5 other parties taking place at the same time as Logan's however all the services and excitement that we were promised were delivered. All of Logan's guests enjoyed playing games, eating pizza, cake, and ice cream. Logan danced with Chucke, received a coin crown, a birthday medal, and spent 30 seconds in the "Ticket Blaster" booth. The kids had so much fun that we that we ran out of time to open presents. (I have to admit...it was really nice to actually get to watch Logan open each of his presents at home and see what he received vs. trying to do it at the already chaotic party.)


When all was said and done we were all exhausted but we got to leave the mess and fun behind and return to our clean and quiet home to relax...I would definitely do it again!


The following Monday was Logan's actually birthday and I was excited to finally do something that I had been dreaming about doing since the day I became a mother...making Logan's birthday treats for his class! Silly I know...but it is something that I remember my mom doing when I was little and how excited I would be to pass out MY treats. I just hope that I gave Logan that same excitement on his special day.


I had this grand plan to make these cookie suckers that I would decorate with the name of each student in the class. As the wee hours of the night went by my swearing became a little louder and vulgar...however the smile that came across Logan's face when he saw all of the cookies was priceless! I completely forget about the cramp in my hand that I had from squeezing the icing bag. I vowed to never do that again...but when the next child asks for cookie suckers I know I will say yes without hesitation.


So, another birthday that has come and gone which only reminds me that this getting older thing (for them and me) can't be stopped. Sure I get a little sad thinking about the time that has gone by wishing I could savor every moment...but then that turns into happiness as I get to see my wonderful children grow up into great little people.


Well, that's all for now...


PS - Sorry about all of the large gaps in between paragraphs...I've tried to fix it several times without any luck. I wish I were tech-savy.

1 comments:

Jennie H. said...

Wow Shane! I cannot believe how old Logan looks! He has gotten so tall since the last time I actually saw him in person, quite a handsome young man! Isn't it so sad how quickly our children grow up?! Can I hire you for cookie making for the girls next birthday? LOL!