Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Birthday and a Baptism...

Last weekend was a busy couple of days at the Rieder house...

We kicked off Friday with Mary Kate's 2nd Birthday! Although Jeff didn't make it home because of a cancelled flight and Logan had Cub Scouts...the remaining Rieders managed to make MK feel special. While she was napping Frank and I made her cupcakes and wrapped her presents. After dinner we sang Happy Birthday, ate our cupcakes, and opened presents. Mary Kate seemed to be thrilled with it all! I know she is only 2 and most likely won't remember her 2nd birthday, but I still felt the need to make her actual birthday as special for her as I could.
Frank helping me make Mary Kate's cupcakes...he was truly a huge help!

The birthday girl thrilled with her cupcake tower!

This is her special birthday outfit that she wore the day of the baptism. Since everyone was coming over I piggy backed her birthday to the baptism...we had a cake and sang Happy Birthday! (The never ending "Mommy Guilt" of trying to make everything special:)

On Saturday morning I had to run 10 miles as a part of my marathon training. It's not the most I've had to run so far...but nonetheless it had to get done during this busy weekend.

Then on Sunday at the 10 o'clock mass Emily was baptized. Most of my family and all of Jeff's family were able to make it. Emily did great! She slept for most of the mass and when it came time for the water to be poured over her head she didn't even flinch. The entire event at the church was emotional...the baptism itself (my daughter being welcomed into this wonderful community) and the fact that this will most likely be my last child to be baptized. I held it together pretty well, but there was a moment or two where I was trying hard not to cry:)

Our big family...I love it!

Chris (Ken's wife and God mother), me and Emily, Fr. Bill, Jeff, and Ken (Jeff's brother and God father)

After church everyone came back to our house for lunch. It was a great weekend!

1 comments:

Judy1223 said...

May God bless little Emily! What a wonderful description of her baptism...and the picture of your lovely family is priceless! I have four children (11, 10, 9, 6) and I remember being very emotional during the youngest's baptism (actually, all were emotional but his was the most!). You are younger than I and I wish I could have more kids...but I'm happy and blessed to have the four I have! Enjoy those five beautiful blessings...based on your lovely posts I'm guessing you absolutely DO!