Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Mary Kate!

It's hard to believe that my baby is already a year old. Mary Kate made her grand entrance into the world one year ago today when she unexpectedly broke my water (movie style water breaking). My c-section was scheduled for the 27th, but she decided she was ready on the 25th and nothing was going to stop her. Jeff and I were thrilled to find out that we added another girl to our family...rounding it out with two boys and two girls. Although Mary Kate's big party is this coming Saturday with family and friends...I still had to make her day special.

I decided to hang her banner... and give her her chair with her name on it.
Instead of a birthday cake (I'll make her big cake for Saturday) I decided to make her brownies. (Kind of a warm up for the real thing.)
We sang Happy Birthday...and Logan helped her blow out her candle.
She seemed to enjoy the brownie...however this picture is not the "first time eating cake at your birthday" picture that I hoped for. Saturday I will have to make sure she gets the part of the ladybug that is all red with extra icing so she is extra messy! I will be sure to share those pictures:)

0 comments: