Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Communion Invitations...

A friend of my sister in law asked if I would make her daughter's First Communion invitations. Here are a couple of examples that I came up with.
Although I choose this seaglass green color for this card (ribbon, solid paper, and patterned)...there are several colors you could use to make this card. I saw lavander, sage green, tan, and silver. Also, you could make this card going vertically.
I embossed the bloom of the flower on the pink cardstock using white embossing powder. I added some dimension by using copic markers to shade the flower. Then I cut it out and attached it using pop dots. Lastly I hand stitched the stem of the flower to add another text to the card.

This card also could be made a variety of ways. The color of the pink flat card could be changed to blue, green, lavender, etc. The bloom could also be changed to a complimentary color...depending on how bold you want the bloom.

If you know anyone interested in having First Communion cards made (or birthday invitations, birth announcements, thank you cards, general notes, etc.) feel free to pass my name along. I can make a card to coordinate with a color scheme, theme, or idea. I love doing this...it's my therapy:)

5 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

these are gorgeous shane!

Anonymous said...

Wow it is so beautiful!

Jeff said...

did it work?

FirstCommunionSupplies said...

The pink one is great for little girl's communion party! So girly!

FirstCommunionSupplies said...

The pink one is so cute! Good work!