Friday, March 19, 2010

Monsters and Hearts...

My quest to really use what I have continues...I bought these monster stamps several weeks ago and finally opened them up to see what I could come up with. The set has 5 monsters in it...but this first little guy is my favorite. It reminds me of my 4 year old son, Frank. Not because Frank has one eye...haha...but Frank is that adorable little guy in my life that sometimes can be a monster:)

This second monster is OK, but Logan (my oldest) said he liked him and that I should make a card with him on it. Of course, that was code for..."And Mom, while you're at it would you stamp that little guy 50 times on a piece of paper for me so I can color him in?" I love when my kids enjoy the stamps and creativity...because then I don't feel as guilty when I'm working on some cards:)
I got this next card idea from Jennifer McGuire's blog (a blog I read frequently). She does some really cool things...and as I saw these cards...I knew I could create a similar version. I plan on putting these together as a set.

I love that these cards are simple yet the heart adds that little something it needs.
Last post I did mention some baby cards...but as I woke up early this morning I thought of another card that could be made from the set of stamps. When I have that card finished, I'll be sure to post pictures of them. That's all for now...

3 comments:

kristina proffitt said...

This is a test. :)

Heather Ruwe said...

shane! these are all adorable...the first one is definitely frank! lol

Sarah said...

Just trying out the comment feature.