Tuesday, August 24, 2010

And he's off...

Today was Logan's first day of school. He is a big time 1st grader now at St. Thomas More. I've been having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that this day is already here. It wasn't all that long ago that he was a little baby needing all of my help and care to get through the day...days when I knew exactly all that was happening in his life.


One of my all time favorite pictures of Logan (3 months old)...it makes me giggle every time I see it!

Logan's new 6 year picture...a little late...but better late that never:)


Now, he's 6 years old and getting on a bus, going to a new school, meeting new friends, learning new things...and I'm not the key player any longer. I am so proud of the young man he is turning into and excited to hear all about this new adventure...but I can't help to be a little sad that he's growing up way too fast...and he may out grow me.

We were all up and outside waiting to see Logan get on the bus this morning except for Jeff. (Jeff was bummed when he realized that he would be in Hawaii for work on Logan's first day of school. However Jeff set his alarm (there is a 6 hour time difference between here and Hawaii) so that he could talk to Logan this morning and wish him good luck on his first day of school. I wish I was thinking ahead and had my camera ready for the call...Logan was smiling ear to ear to hear from his Dad:) I think Frank, Claire, and Mary Kate were as excited as Logan for his first day...although as the morning into afternoon wore on...Frank kept asking when Logan was going to be home.





Logan and (our neighbor) Andrew...they were excited to know that they would be in the same class again this year:)

Lauren (Andrew's sister), Logan, and Andrew waiting in our driveway for the bus

As Logan got on the bus I held it together pretty well...only a little tearing up. I think it helped that as soon as I turned around I still had Frank, Claire, and Mary Kate here to keep me busy and take my mind off it. But, as they all went down for naps and I had some quiet time to myself, it hit me...and I let myself have a good cry. Silly???...maybe...but I can't help to think back to those 6 precious years that I had him all to myself...and now he's off to a new chapter in his life that I pray he will let me be a part of.

Well, that's all for now...

1 comments:

Heather Ruwe said...

can't stop giggling over that baby pic....love it! :)