Sunday, August 29, 2010

My baby is a year and a half old...

Mary Kate turned a year and a half the other day...and again, I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around this...where has the time gone?

18 month pictures...I usually only get one pose, but got suckered into the one with the flower...really, who could have resisted?

She has grown and changed so much over the year. She is so darn cute (if I may say so myself)! For the most part she is a typical and happy little girl. She loves to swim, run around with her brothers and sister, cuddle with her OHHH SO soft yellow blanket (thank you Bish Family), giggle, suck her thumb (when the time comes...any suggestions on how to take that away???), take off her shoes every chance she gets, demonstrate her temper tantrum abilities, babble (and is starting to put words together...the latest, "Hi baby!" (thanks Mer:), make others feel welcome, and my favorite...smile! She is not shy...which right now is cute...but makes me a little worried about what her teenage years might look like:)

Believe it or not, my 4th child is still teaching me new things about being a parent, and although she only has 9 more weeks to hold the title of "the baby" in our family...no one can take away her number 4 status! I am so blessed to have her in my life!

Well, until later...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That Mary Kate is so stinkin' cute. You definitely couldn't say no to that flower pic. She is growing up fast. Before you know it all five of your babies will be getting on a bus and heading to school all day (sniff, sniff). Enjoy it!! And, of course, if you ever need a good cry, I'll meet you at Kroger!

Shane said...

Thinking about all of my babies getting on the bus and heading to school...I may be in the pasta isle at Kroger for a week crying:)Thanks for listening the other day.

Heather Ruwe said...

mary kate is one already! wow...time really does fly! happy birthday mary kate! :)