Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jeff's Birthday and a morning with Logan...

On Tuesday we celebrated Jeff's 35th Birthday! Although I like to make big deals of birthdays this one was thrown together quickly and without much creativity. Jeff was suppose to be out of town all week, so I figured I had the entire week to plan for a gift and how to make this birthday special when he came back into town. Well, his business trip was cancelled on Monday, so I had one day to get things together. Thankfully, Jeff is not high maintenance about birthdays...much less anything else:)

The kids and I headed up to UC's book store and bought him a couple of golf type shirts...although Frank was sure that Daddy really wanted a new Wii game...hahaha! I then picked up two New York strip steaks for Jeff and myself to grill...Jeff loves steak! Also, the kids and I made Jeff a cake...again, Frank said that Daddy wanted a cowboy birthday cake and wasn't sure if he was going to like the plan round one I made...gotta love Frank!

When Jeff got home we had a nice dinner, sang "Happy Birthday", had cake and ice cream, and opened presents. Even though it was low key, Jeff seemed to enjoy the night.

Earlier in the day Logan and I got to have a morning all to ourselves. Logan is on Spring Break this week...but Frank and Claire's Spring Break was last week. So, my dad came over to watch Mary Kate, I took Frank and Claire to school, and Logan and I headed down to the Newport Aquarium all by ourselves. With having 4 kids one on one time is very rare...so this outing was a treat for Logan and myself. It was fun to listen to all he had to say about the animals and to have uninterrupted conversations. Many times throughout the morning I watched and listen to him with amazement. He is such a smart, kind, and funny young man...all things which I've known for awhile:) As Logan has grown up we have gone on many outings to the zoo, the museum, the mall, etc. Although I'm going to miss these opportunities when he begins 1st grade next year and goes to school all day, I am so proud of my little man.
Well, that's all for now...

0 comments: