Sunday, April 4, 2010

Submitting for publication...

Recently my friend Heather had one of her cards appear in "CARDS" magazine. (I would love to include a picture of her work and the magazine cover...but I'm having some technical difficulty. I'll have to ask my tech support "Heather" about how to do that:) It was amazing to see her name in a magazine next to her art. She does some pretty creative and amazing things...and I thought it was about time that someone else noticed. Since she told me about her card being published (two more of her pieces were picked up for publication) my mind has been thinking. Would any of my cards or layouts be worthy of publication?

As I was scrapping with Heather the other weekend, she really encouraged me to submit some of my things. She provided me with websites and all the information that I needed to get the ball rolling. So, I thought...What the heck? What do I have to lose? I realize that this may be a process of many many submissions and rejections, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Scrapbook Trends magazine has a call going on now for their September 2010 issue. One of the categories is "Back to School" I did this layout from Logan's first day of kindergarten. I just submitted it...I'll let you know if anything comes of it.
The magazine also has a category titled "Showcase". This is where you can submit cards or layouts that you love, but they don't fall directly into any of the categories they have listed. So, I decided to submit this bike layout. I've posted this picture before, but I thought I'd include it again so if you wanted to see it you didn't have to go hunting around for it.
I also have another layout from Logan's t-ball that would work for the category of "Sports", but I'll post that when I have a good picture of it.

Like I said, I know this may be a long long process...but if I don't try then I'll never know.

0 comments: