Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A weekend at Cornerstone...

This past weekend I spent Friday-Sunday at this scrapbook bed and breakfast (cornerstonememories.net) in Tipton, Indiana called Cornerstone. My friend Heather organized the trip and there were 10 of us who took over this house. We laughed, we created, and we cried...the weekend had it all.

I would love to retell some of the stories which made all of us laugh until we cried, but due to a lot of the content, I don't think that would be appropriate. Also, I'm one of those horrible story tellers, so when I try to retell a funny story people just end up looking at me with that polite smile, and I can tell they're thinking, "That was funny?" But regardless...we all laughed until it hurt:)


When you head out for a scrapbook outing you bring almost everything you own scrapbook-wise and use about 5% of what you bring. You pack it all just in case you might need it, but then you begin working, you realize there is still something you forgot. However, we all pushed through and ended up with some pages and cards we loved. Here are a few of my layouts from the weekend.


I love Claire's sad face...and the fact that she has this sad face and it's her 3rd birthday. In the journaling on the page I explain to her that she was sad because Grandma Logan had her brother's Halloween costumes ready to try on but not her's. Oh well...it was her party and she could cry if she wanted to, right?
I still need to add some journaling to this basketball page for Logan. I usually like to include a little writing to give some details about the picture or why I created the page.
This page is kind of funny. When Mary Kate was born everyone kept telling me how the 4th child won't have nearly as many pictures as the first...which I agree. You just do not have as much time to take those candid shots like I did with Logan...however, I pledged that I would not drop the ball with getting their picture taken every 3 months during their first year of life. As you can see in this layout there is no picture for Mary Kate at 9 months. In the journaling I fessed up to what I failed to do, but I thought maybe she would forgive me later on since I made her a pretty page:)
Claire and her "Pig Tails"...love these pics of her!
Mary Kate's 1st Birthday party!
These last two layouts weren't done this past weekend, but I thought I'd include them. I still need to add journaling to both of them. This first one is Mary Kate's 3 month photo and the second is her one year photo. I want to include her weight and length at both stages.


Although the weekend was fun, my friend Heather did receive some bad news. On Saturday night Heather's father in law passed away and she had to head home. He had been suffering from lung cancer and that day he had been readmitted to the hospital. We all felt for Heather as she left that night...so, say a little prayer for Heather and her family during this sad time.
Well, that's all for now...until later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mary Kate's nine month page!! That is hysterical. Someday she will be a mom and understand.

Heather Ruwe said...

Love how all the layouts turned out! :)